Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Think I am Falling in Love With G!D!

Holding the paradox of real life: hard and soft, sharp and sweet, cold and warm, at the Israeli-Lebanon border, 'The Good Fence', Metula, Israel.
The other day, I heard and felt a voice that thought about falling in love with G!D. And it felt good this thought. It felt good right in the middle of my body, expanding my heart, just a little bit with a sense of joy. I was shy about it and let it be. Then I thought, "what would my friends say if I told them I was falling in love with G!D?" "Who cares!" my adolescent voice said. Maybe I need new friends. And how many would think I was strange? And they do already, I laughed out loud at that thought!

Then, when I started to ponder the idea further, as my interest was peeked, I tried to figure how to fall in love with G!D. Of course, this mountain in front of me is my responsibility to climb, to determine what falling in love with G!D really truly means. And then, I started to feel awkward and and inept, as there must be only one way of falling in love with G!D. And I, poor me, did not know the 'right' way to do it! And all the ideas that started to flow into my consciousness sounded 'not good enuff', in my estimation. They were ideas like, "become orthodox". And as much as I love structure and order, that world is too far one way for me. I want an interfaith, multi-racial, multi-generational community. Like Brooklyn!

Then the thought came "maybe I do not have to figure out how to fall in love with G!D. I can let G!D tell me, show me what G!D needs from me. Then that G!D will know that I am in love with G!D".

And then I thought, "get simple, basic... " I am made in the likeness of G!D and maybe all I have to do is love me and that would be loving G!D. Then I wondered if I was being blasphemous. I have to do it right, you see, to be good.

Now this sounds convoluted and a little unsure of myself. And that is just where I am now in terms of my relationship with The One Who Hardens Peoples Hearts and Who is the Compassionate One, Who Is Without End, being what god will be. I was trying to invoke the Loving-Kindness of the One Who Connects Us All of a three letter word.

I do not believe there is a personal G!D and yet I do have my own personal relationship with the Source of All Blessings. I wonder what the difference is? I decided this is academic and one way thinking. How can anyone prove that their way is right or wrong of loving G!D? There can be as many ways of loving G!D as there are people on the planet. And maybe G!D may not be the word some use, preferring Source, Higher Power, The Light. There are so many languages that describe this energy that is no where and everywhere. And I do not think that any of those words involve violence, greed, killing, abuse, dishonesty or disconnecting. And I know that a seed bursting forth through the earth or animals who kill for survival or giving birth as the head reshapes itself and the vagina widens and the womb pushes the infant from its cocoon is painful.

So, I will continue to seek and be open to receiving the feeling I felt when the thought feeling arose within me. Maybe it is around the next corner, maybe I am on the edge of fulfillment soon to find the missing piece of the puzzle and the door bell will ring and some one will offer me a million dollars for winning the lottery for falling in love with G!D.

Laughing out loud, I place my head on my pillow, hoping sleep will come, and then I, like the seekers before me, will dream sweet dreams of finding home, knowing we will wake in the morning refreshed and reunited with the soul we took life for, ready to seek fulfillment again, and again and again.

As you see, I will never complete the puzzle, until my life is over. And only The One knows when that is... maybe. Who knows and Who ain't tellin'! So here I go again, walking the path of my deepest desire, swerving off and on, always returning to open my heart to Love.

4 comments:

S said...

I am wondering with you.
I am wandering with you.
The heart is hard
The path is open.
The heart is open
The path is hard.
Let's go!

rubydoo said...

Thank you, Dear, Loving, Vulnerable, Lovely Reb TZiPi for sacrificing some sleep for exploration/discovery and, in turn, saving us some with your ever-sensitive sharing.

UUUUUUuuuuurrrrrta said...

Tzipi,

I have been following the path of falling in love with true source... and my feelings and heart vibrated with your last words - opening my heart to love... that is it! And loving one's self is the start. If you know the experience - the process, of loving oneself, that will become the experience and process of how we do all. If one is constantly judging oneself, this will be a predominant way this person operates.

Here is a bit of my experience - smiling to your heart, keep smiling and follow those feelings of bliss and nurturing. Those feelings, if you keep following them grow and grow. It is an active being of love and it begins to move out... the love in and around the heart cannot be contained but grows to fill the space.

Some recent thoughts have been around the words, "I love you", which to me, come from the ego. I and you are separating. I love someone based on what i think love is and perhaps how they will act. I can't really do this justice here, i just wrote three pages about it.

But I am starting to say, simply, that there is a feeling in my heart, from my heart, of sharing love energy with another. Perhaps we may share love between our hearts?

And i am finding more and more, that the feelings and energy are to be savored. One does not need to act on the feelings right away.

For instance, if i am missing someone, rather than feeling needy, i smile to my heart, follow the feelings and feel the joy of our connection and our past conversations, the energy of that person as i think of them, and savor those feelings.... the feelings of love become the predominant focus. That person is a part of the divine for us. The divine presents herself in so many ways through so many people ... if we stay focused on the feelings rather than get dis-functionally attached to an individual, we are in connection with the source. So when i talk to that person it will be great, but i am not in a needy state of having to call them right away because i decided i needed to talk to them.

OK, obviously you hit on something i am also thinking about... hey , see you in FL soon and we can talk about it.

Love UUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuurrta

Anonymous said...

I get the Brooklyn, I get the what if???, and I get the G!d, Source, etc. love,Jen