Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Strategic Planning

Blessings of Being Awake: A friend asked me what I thought of Michael Jackson's death. I was surprised as I had not heard nor read anything. In that moment I became aware that I had cut myself off from the world outside my home. Occasionally, I am like these geese, head down, nose to the grind stone, a puritan work ethic taking over my life. Everything here is nurturing me why bother to look around?
Spiritual Challenge: A teacher once said if you are going to live a spiritual life you have to read the newspaper and watch TV. Wedemeyer and Jue write that to live a spiritual life means to transcend compartmentalization and have a balance in one's life. I need to pay attention to the signs that it is time to lift my head up and stretch my neck!
Spiritual Practice: To take time regularly to assess the balance of work-play, private-public, doing-being, solo-collaboration. This is all a part of being kind to myself, a Vav-nik.
Blessings of the Vav: I am complete and the story dynamically continues! TG!!!!

No comments: