Sunday, September 9, 2007

Step Two: Be humble

Update, day of the evening of Rosh Chodesh Cheshvan, 5770: today I would write about this differently and i can see that i am changing and growing as my perspective is broader. I would support what I had written and today I would have more words to support this as i study Musar and the first Middot, humilty. I am aware of holding the tension that my shyness does not serve me and it is not all about me. The place of holding these two opposites is within the paradox of the value of humility as defined by Hebrew Wisdom.
'Your shyness does not serve you' is what my teacher sings about. Being humble is not about making yourself small. It is a combination of being confident on the outside and knowing your connection to the Source on the inside.

This is a work in progress. I am not sure how to write about this at this time however I am sure it is an important part of the process of being a leader who can make the world a better place.

I wanted to write don't be arrogant however that is a negative and I am trying to re-enforce the positive. Remember: the Mystery, your Source, G!D, all that is may not be seen.

So what does this have to do with paradox and meditation and leadership. 'Pass the ball three times before you shoot' is what the coach in Hoosiers told his star player who loved to make those three pointers from outside the key. Enable your impulse control. Work together, it is not just about you.

We need each other in this huge task of healing the world and making the world a better place.

No comments: